XENIA AREA COMMUNITY THEATER issuing a Director’s Call for our 2020-21 season! Both new and experienced directors are encouraged to apply. Simply fill out the attached questionnaire and email to email@example.com by Friday November 15, 2019. X*ACT produces dramas, comedies and small ensemble musical productions. Comedies and musicals are especially encouraged to apply.
Prospective Director’s Questionnaire
Prospective Director’s Questionnaire PLEASE SEND TO MIKE TAINT at firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2019
Thanks for your interest in XACT! A critical part of determining our theater season is selecting directors for our productions. We’d like to meet you and discuss what you’d like to contribute. The following questions are designed to guide our discussion with you – but please feel free to bring up any other questions you might have. And again – thanks!
1. Please talk about your background and experience in theater as a director, actor, or any other capacity (please bring a theater resume’ if you have one)
2. Why do you want to direct this particular play(s)? Why is this important to you?
3. What specific issues or challenges do you anticipate in mounting this particular play (e.g., unusual casting, costumes, technical, props, etc.)?
4. What special assistance will you require from XACT in mounting this play? (We’ll also discuss with you the resources we normally provide directors for set construction, publicity, technical, etc.)
5. What known schedule constraints do you have and roughly when (what month(s)) would you ideally like to mount this production (e.g., if you coach Little League baseball a spring production may be a bad idea)
6. Would you like the assistance of an assistant director or producer?
7. Have you seen any acted or seen any plays at XACT? Are you familiar with our audience demographic?