Registration extended Register NOW
AUDITIONS: September 7 & 8
SEMI FINAL: September 29
FINALS: October 13
All shows open to the public.
1141 N. Monroe Dr, Xenia, Ohio
RULES AND REGISTRATION
- Parental consent will be required prior to performing. A parental consent form will be available for a parent signature on the night of the audition.
- Cost to participate in the competition is $5.00 per contestant. (non-refundable)
- All contestants need to be registered by September 5th.
- Open to teens from Greene County (subject to change).
- Contestants need to be between the age of 13 and 18 years of age at the time of registration.
- Contestants may sing A Capella or submit a “Backing Track” for the song the contestant wishes to sing.
- There should be no lead vocals on the “Backing Track”, backup vocals are okay. Any “Backing Track” consisting of lead vocals will be rejected. We will request you submit a new “Backing Track”.
- Song lyrics must NOT CONTAIN ANY foul or suggestive language. Any songs consisting of foul or suggestive language will be grounds for elimination.
- Contestants will initially submit one song including “Backing Track”, if needed, for the audition by September 5th.
- Additional “Backing Tracks”, if needed, will need to be required for semi-final and final rounds at a later date.
- “Backing Tracks” will be MP3 or WAV format with the following file name.
- Contestant Name – Song Name.mp3 or wav.
- Audition round and semi-final songs will be limited to two minutes in length. “Backing Track” will be stopped at 2 minutes.
- Final round songs will be limited to three minutes.
- Contestants will be required to sing two different songs during the Final Round.
- All accepted contestants will be assigned a check-in time. Contestants must check in on time or risk elimination.
- Auditions are schedule in one-hour groups of contestants. When each contestant’s performance is over, as a courtesy to other performers, s/he must wait backstage until all performances for that hour have ended.
- Contestants backstage must be quiet as to not disrupt the current performer, any disruption of any performance will be grounds for disqualification.
- Contestants will be limited to two guests during the Audition round.
- Guests during auditions are to be respectful with no cheering, whistling, whooping or hollering. Any disruption before, during and after the contestants performance will be grounds for disqualification.
- Applauding is encouraged!
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
PLEASE REGISTER USING THE FORM BELOW
By submitting this application, I affirm that the facts set forth in it are true and complete. I understand that if I am accepted as a contestant, any false statements, omissions, or other misrepresentations made by me on this application may result in my immediate disqualification. During my participation, the Xenia Lions Club and Xenia Area Community Theater, Inc. (Producers) may use my image or likeness, video or still photo in a manner consistent with the tasteful promotion of The Xenia Voice. All productions, broadcasts, webcasts, audio, images, video, or other media created by the Producers or by others on the Producers behalf is the exclusive property of the Producers which shall have all rights. No other use permitted.
Please upload your songs using the format “Your Name – Song Name.mp3 or .wav”.
You may also bring it by X*ACT by September 5th.
Place track on a thumb drive and put the thumb drive in an envelope with your name and song name on the outside.
Thumb drives may be picked up after the competition.
Click here to send your “Backing Track”.